• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Pc Web Camera

cookie273uk

master brummie
just purchased a HUE web camera, showing image OK but when I click the Icon it says 'cannot take pic error code OxAOOF42F(Ox8OOO405)'. Any ideas ??? Thanks. Eric

Not something that I have fitted but try googling 0xA00F42F - your O's should in fact be zeros!

Hi Eric, you could have a look in 'Device Manager' and see if any errors show there.
Right click on the 'Windows Icon' bottom left on taskbar.
A menu box should open and you can select 'Device Manage'
A window should open showing all the devices on your computer.
Right click on the arrow on the Hue device and select properties ... you can check whether the latest driver is in use.

I'm assuming you want to save the pic you can see on the screen. One way is to take a screenshot of the screen. Hold down Windows key and press PRTSC key, the screen should momentarily dim. The pic is stored in Pictures Screenshots folder.

Other possiblities are to uninstall the device, restart your computer and then re-install the device.

oldMohawk, this suddenly happened on my last Webcam, that is why I bought this one, obviously not a Camera fault !! like you said I can use print screen, which I am doing. I tried 'Device Manager' but it did not show Hue device in the drop down menu. I will continue to use 'print screen' although it shows 2 horizontal and vertical lines from camera image, also cannot use video facility but have no need of that. I have been told one of windows 10 updates may have caused the problem.
Curly, thanks for that info, will try with zero's. Am convinced it's a PC problem and not the Web camera. Eric

Hi Eric, I'm surprised the camera did not show in the Device Manager ... it should be there under Imaging Devices or under USB devices. If it does not show in the list maybe it has not properly installed.
You have to click the arrow to the left. Below is the device manager on my laptop.
devicem.JPG

Last edited:
Just a thought ... try the following
Open Windows Settings
Select Privacy
Select Camera
Check which apps are allowed to use the camera and tick if necessary

Thanks Mohawk, Google shows numerous Web sites all giving different possible solutions, apparently it is a common complaint, will try your suggestion, if unsuccessful will try theirs. Obviously I now realise it is a PC problem and not a camera fault. Eric

oldamohawk, tried device manager again and this I managed to get camera and it said 'camera working OK' (which it isn't) so will try some google suggestions. Thanks for help. Eric

Back