• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pc ben sneed

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks thought i would post this photo in case any of our members knows him...on the back it says pc ben sneed of bridge st west police station ..resident of lower tower st..dismissed from the force for being drunk...the date of the photo is 1930 so i would think that it was taken before he worked at bridge st police station as it did not open until 1939 and on the same ground before that was the red lion pub...had to giggle at that

lyn

Attachments

• img800.jpg
    img800.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I hope someone finds a connection, how lovely to have a photo. I would say Sneed is an unusual surname.

Great photo Lyn and how fortunate someone thought to put a name and some info on the back. I hope someone comes forward with more information - or better still to claim Ben Sneed as their ancestor.

Me too! :adoration: It's quite funny the police station was built where a pub used to be and then he got sacked for being drunk. I wonder if someone can trace him on the electoral rolls.......

Me too! :adoration: It's quite funny the police station was built where a pub used to be and then he got sacked for being drunk. I wonder if someone can trace him on the electoral rolls.......

i know pol...i found that ironic as well....should think he could be traced on the e rolls but it would be even better if someone claimed him lol...

I'm sorry but I can't find anything on Ancestry, not even a birth or death....I must be doing something wrong, everything is coming up American even though I've put Birmingham England. Usually when I say this, someone comes up with better results...fingers crossed!!
rosie.

Back