• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Patrick lichfield photos

just one thing before i sort out dinner..biddles said the main reason they didnt sell was the subject matter...they said if they were of streets with things like horse and cart etc it would have been better...well after spending 3 hours waiting for our lot to come up i couldnt be bothered to say that as far as i knew lichfield photograhed mainly people and landscapes which is what these 10 are..:rolleyes:

back soon...

lyn:)

Lyn sorry they didn't sell but at least you had a day at the auctions I bet that was interesting. You just need the right person with the interest.:)

evening wend..yes it great to see an auction for real...crikey they dont have go through the lots quick...our toms just tried taking pics of the photos but the light is not good so hes going to do it tomorrow...

Hi Lyn I would have loved to have gone....never been to an auction! It is better to take photo's of photo's in natural light they come out better!:)

thats what tom said wend....tell you what..i wished id had a few bob on me today....some nice things were going through...not least an old mg car..looked like it had just been dragged out of a barn...:rolleyes: only went for £5000:rolleyes: look out for the pics tomorrow...

lyn

Lyn thats funny when we were coming home from Wales on Tuesday there was a car with a trailer on the parking area on the Shrewsbury bypass. There was a very ancient a car on the trailer which was brown coloured because it was covered in dust. It must have come out of a barn. Not sure what the car was though!

evening froth...that was one of the suggestions biddles made..so its under consideration...:)

hi folks....well they didnt sell im afraid:cry::cry:

still there will be another time and another auction and ive also been given a couple of contact numbers..when ive got time i will put all ten photos on the forum for you to have a look at...the locations are still a mysyery so maybe you may have some ideas...

I've been following your 'Patrick Litchfield' posts...bad luck re' the auction. Excuse me being nosey, but did they fail at a 'reserve' price, or were there no bidders at all?

Cheers, JohnO

Lyn, its all a matter of luck, you could auction them another time and there could be 3 or 4 bidding against each other for them.
Re putting them on your PC, haven't you got a scanner, much easier
Eric

evening eric..yes ive got a scanner but i think they are to big to scan...will go and double check...

lyn..

back again..eric theres no chance of scanning ...the photos are way to big...:cry:...will have to take pics of them after all...

looking forward to seeing to tomorrow...

So disappointed for you Lyn. Have only just found your posts. I'm sure there is a buyer out there. On looking at the many auctions there are on TV these days, it does seem to be hit and miss with certain items, but where there's a will there's a way. So keep nibblng at it.
Lynda:)

thanks lynda and alf...well i did have another idea:) how about if i email buck house ??? they may be interested as he was the queens cousin:D:D

lyn

Back