• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Patrick lichfield photos

Sorry folks I disagree, they are totally boring, (sorry Lyn), they look to me as though it's someone trying to be very arty farty, and as if it's a project that you do at college.
Don't mean to put a damper on things, but that's my input, (I'm quite disapointed actually).
Regards John.

John, did you see the back of the pictures? they had a label marked Lichfield studios on them. so I would imagine that they would be genuine plus the signature adds weight to their authenticity

Not denying their authenticity, just very boring, and maybe they were early shots, as some students do for their projects, Sorry.

Great Pictures Lyn...Thanks for sharing them with us.
I hope someone can tell you where they are taken.
Patrick Lichfield was in Morocco and Sardinia in the late 60's as he took some photos of famous people there.
Polly :)

In 1968 I spent two months on the island of Sardinia and those photos look nothing like it. (Just trying to eliminate locations)

They are in the early days and the tehcnology was not as it is now. Also landscape do not look so good in black and white. They are photo's of the time. I can imagine and early Aston Martin wizzing down those empty roads. I am with you Frothy I quite like them.:)

Some people are very rude. It's not about whether we like them or not, but as to whether we have any idea where they were taken surely. Thanks Lyn for allowing us to see them. Have no idea about art in any shape or form, but its nice to have an opportunity to see something that will certainly be worth somebodies money you can be sure., and you lyn are the one who has them to sell. GREAT.
Lynda:)
xxxx
P.S. You didn't have the euromillions lottery ticket as well did you?

Sorry folks I disagree, they are totally boring, (sorry Lyn), they look to me as though it's someone trying to be very arty farty, and as if it's a project that you do at college.
Don't mean to put a damper on things, but that's my input, (I'm quite disapointed actually).
Regards John.

I'm not sure as to the convention regarding responses to comments; but I'll stick my neck out here and say that yours are bordering on the crass!

I'd be proud to own those photographs.

thanks to everyone for your imput on these photos and we are all entitled to our opions.. regardig the subject matter..some i like some not so much but at least it looks like we all agree that they were not taken in this country...

lyn

Didn't mean to offend anyone with my remarks, but I expected something special from Lichfield, especially after seeing his portraits.
Some of the photos look like they were taken in the Dolomites.

Amateur Photographer MagazineSkip to Content
Home News Forum Magazine Gallery Camera Reviews Courses Features Competitions Second hand
The world's number one weekly photography magazine
SEARCH advanced search
Home
News
Features

Forum
Camera Reviews

Back From The Front

Competitions
Q+A
Galleries
Photography
APOY competition

School of Photographic Imaging

Cartridge World Photographic Competition

Events
Downloads
Useful links
Equipment Guides
Buy test reports
Test report books
Print Your Photos
The Magazine
Current issue
Next issue
Meet the Team
Web ring
Find your nearest UK newsagent
Subscriptions
Buy a subscription
Renew a subscription
Customer service
Books
Recommended Retailers
Contact us

Poll:
This year I have mostly used:
A film camera
A digital camera
Film and digital cameras in equal measure

What is this?
Unseen Lichfield pictures revealed -
Home » News » Unseen Lichfield pictures revealed -
Tuesday 29th April 2008
Chris Cheesman
Photographs by the late Lord Lichfield will go on sale in London next month at an exhibition which includes previously unseen work, say organisers.
Billed as the first-ever selling show of Patrick Lichfield's images, the exhibition will feature 'discoveries made public for the first time', according to the Chris Beetles Gallery.
Among more than 70 photos on display will be a previously unpublished image of actress Susannah York (pictured).
A spokesman added: 'Lichfield's archive is a rich seam of culturally important photography, much of which has become synonymous with our perception of the celebrated and fashionable in the late 20th century.'
Since Lord Lichfield's death in 2005 archivists say they have 'extensively catalogued' his collection.
It will cost £1,400 for an unframed 20x24in print.
The exhibition takes place from 14 May-4 June at Chris Beetles Gallery, 8&10 Ryder Street, London SW1Y 6QB. Tel: 020 7839 7551 or visit www.chrisbeetles.com
Picture credit: Copyright Lichfield Studios

See the next page for more pictures

12Next page>>
Got an opinion on this story? Why not post a comment on our news message boards
Back to index

Subscribe now »

Newsletter
Add your email to sign up

Latest Issue

Advertisements

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Advertising | What Digital Camera Magazine | Trusted Reviews
© Copyright IPC Media Ltd, all rights reserved.

thank you for that john..the chris beetles gallery has already asked me to email the photos to them like they can have a look...

lyn

Back