• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Past Holidays In Woolacombe

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
What a wonderful part of England where my late cousin had the privilage to live untill her death in 2002. Does anyone else visit the area. Jean.

We've had many a holiday there over the last ten years, i love the beach there, we always go to the market there....it's great, my Aunt lives in Barnstaple so we go down there every year to see her and we always have to go to Woolacombe, and of course the kids love to pop to Illfracombe for a boat trip :)

My cousin Beat used to live at Eastaway cottage Mortehoe and the view were spectacular [evening though their roof blew off once in a storm]. Jean.

I love it all round there, can't think of the name of it now but there's a beautiful little village not far from there that's all the old thatched cottages, I'd love to live there one day :)

As I've said Beats cottage was in the middle of the caravan park and the lighthouse. What a view will try and find some photo's out. Bye. Jean.

Great pic :) I love it there, we usually set up for the day when we go, they keep the beach there so nice ..... haven't got any pics on my laptop unfortunately

Hi,
I've probably got a hundred photos of Woolacombe and area dating from 1970's onwards, but I'll post one of them. I'd got my ice cream before the tide came further in ! The van number plate probably dates it.
Cheers
oldmohawk
Walls_in_the_Sea.jpg

Re: Past holidays in Woolacombe.

great pic Oldmohawk, these are just 4 from our hols june this year, it must have been the best weather of the year sofar.

I remember 4/5 years ago on that beach, noone realised how strong the sun was and my mom ended up with really bad sunburn on her legs and had to go to Hospital, she couldn't do anything for the rest of the holiday lol

In 1963 no one told us about not sitting in the sun, it was always nice to go home with that nice glowing feeling.
this pic of my wife & I in the dunes at woolacombe laping up the sun, three week of wall to wall sunshine.
The other pic is our car parked on Marine Drive over looking the Dunes & Beach you can see Woolacombe in the back ground (at the time this road to no were was free parking,now it used as an official car park, £5.00/Day)
THE BARON

woolacombe 1968 my Mom & Dad, my Wife & son, the second one was on the way born that year in December. they both take their kids to the same Beach & do the thing I did as a kid.

Just found two more taken when we Honeymooned in Woolacombe in 62.
me on the rocks & my new wife in the Ford Prefect.

Great Photos Baron:)Mossy..........I lived in New Oscott till3 years ago before moving down here

Where in New Oscott Mossy. I worked at Wyndley for 18 years. Maybe you came in for a swim sometime. I used to take the school children for their swimming lessons. Maybe I taught yours. TTFN. Jean.

I know its off thread but I lived in Hales Gardens Jean and used to go to Wyndley swimming by the way i had county trials when i was 15 i could swim like a fish:DMossy The Cod Head

Back