• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • On Sunday I will be upgrading the software to the latest version this will mean downtime of approx half a day. (assuming all goes well) This has to be done as we are out of mainstream support now.

Passages, Alleyways Gulletts and Snickets of Old Brum

mw0njm.

brummie dude
Glad i am not into hot dogs or beefburgers
you never know what goes on behind the scenes do you. i never give them a thought. i have eat them when i was in brum of a night. But when i called to see my friend to get some castings and saw that yard.i was sickend. no wonder the council shifted them carts of night and the blokes did a runner when they seen them

Eric Gibson

master brummie

mw0njm.

brummie dude
Hi Eric, thank you for allowing me to see the family tree, i have gone through the names, they are not what i have on my family tree, so must be another branch of Gibson's - regards Elaine.
[/QUOTE .......................... this is a Passages, Alleyways thread

Last edited:

martike

It's named as Cole Holloway, off Cromwell Lane. Now just a paved pathway through to Woodcock Lane.
When I lived in that area (1950s) we always called this the Roman Gully. It was steep and narrow and it was paved and I think there was a handrail. It ran down from Woodcock Lane to Cromwell Lane. A distance of about 200 yds.