• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Park Road Hockley

pretty sure this pic actually shows maggies house..

ParkRoadNo236Hockley-11-4-1957-1.jpg

ParkRoad-WharfLaneHockley-9-12-1954-1.jpg

Lynn sorry - not that far up (lol). Mrs Kellys was at the side of an entry. If we came from All Saints school instead of going down Lodge Road we could cross over the road down (not sure if it was Abbey or Goode Street) and just run left and her shop was there.

Hi everyone,
Please see attached photos. I posted these some time ago but they disappeared along with many others in a mass deletion.
They are based on Astoness posting.
I think the woman walking up the street, in her apron, could quite possibly be my Mum.
Phil
Park Rd 1954.jpg

hi irene phil who used to live in inkerman st has posted you some pics...they are under the inkerman st vauxhall thread..

lyn

Anyone remember the Mann family who lived on Abbey Street around 1950 ? Gladys and Harold Mann had 3 sons. Derek, Trevor and Graham. They went to All Saints School. Would be lovely to hear any news.

Back of 204-210 Park Road (Corner of Abbey Street)

204 - 210 Park Road back.jpg

Attachments

• 204 - 210 Park Road front.jpg
    204 - 210 Park Road front.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 55
Yes carol it was on the corner and it was a cafe, what year do you have for that pic,as it became the jelfs cafe
Owned by one of the brothers for years whom are my family tree my mothers fathers brothers they also had one around on the flat
I should have a picture some where of it being the cafe long before the hacker got it Astonian,,,,

sorry carolina i missed those snippets you posted...adds a nice bit of history to park road and you never know rellies of those brave men may come to light on here..

thanks for the pic pedrocut...how strange that orford road was actually a terrace...

lyn

Looking down Park Rd towards the Flat, sometime in the 60's. I think the house on the extreme right is No 114.

Attachments

• Park Rd 22.jpg
    Park Rd 22.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 88
thats a cracker terry...cant say as i have seen that one before...thanks for posting it

lyn

Back