• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Park Road Aston and Lyndhurst Estate Erdington

RosemaryB

Brummie babby
Two disparate requests please. I am looking for photos of Park Road Aston during 1920s-30s and indeed later( now no longer there ), and any photos of Lyndhurst Estate in it's heyday - 1960s-70s. Would particularly like a photo of the small play area just in front of Stanley Tower, which led to the railway gulley through to Chester Road railway sation - Rogerfield ( Grove ) I think, from memory. And also Rowden Drive opposite the shops ( where I lived ) and indeed the shops.

I have a very old newscutting showing Park Road, but don't know what newspaper it was, so can't get in touch with archives easily.

Welcome to the Forum.
Use of the search box (magnifying glass top right) throws up this thread. Start at post 1 then you won't miss anything. I have no idea if any of the photos show what you want.
There might be a similar thread for Park Road if you look.

Back