• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Park Mills

Torq145

I’m looking into the history of an old football team named Park Mills.
My grandfather played for them in 1898 , also for Small Heath and other teams outside of Birmingham, he was born in Small Heath area.
I see that Park Mills is north of Small Heath.
The old Park Mills site , as a works area is now a park, on junction of Cuckoo Road and Mount Street, whilst the area where I believe the team played, is on the junction of Rocky Lane and Lichfield Road , a 27 minute walk between the two by the map.
I guess that they were a works team, I know that the team were playing from approximately 1891 to 1899, also playing cricket in season.
Attached is a team photo, it’s not confirmed but there is a possibility that it’s Park Mills .
Can anyone identify the team, the trophy or anyone in the team.My grandfather Ernest Cresser is front row fourth from the left. The picture has been auto coloured to improve the quality.
Thanks.
2142E171-1F1B-44B0-8D19-F480A0030DAF.jpeg2142E171-1F1B-44B0-8D19-F480A0030DAF.jpeg

Hi RobT , yes that’s correct, still searching, more recently I have been checking the newspaper archives.

Park Mills FC lost the final of the Birmingham Junior Cup 3-4 in April 1893 to Lozells FC, played on the Aston Lower grounds, watched by 4,000 spectators. Bham Daily Post 17/4/1893. Can I add your image to my collection of Victorian football clubs?

Back