• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Park Lane

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi mike is possible to have a map please for park lane highlighting numbers...42..50..60..66..68 and 129..its for one of our new members

thanks mike

lyn

Last edited:
Map c1950 below, with numbers in different colours

View attachment 115303
Hi, Mike, do you have an after the war map, showing just how many of this homes were missing, I don't remember the houses after 58 up to 42 being there as a child, we played on what we call a bomb site in the very late 50s. I have some fantastic family pictures from the back of some of these homes but just now trying to give a better date and location.

On the 1950 map above houses 52, 54 and 56 are missing, Looking at other other areas suggests more missing properties.

Not quite sure what you are asking for Paul. As Alan says, you can see that 52, 54, 56 are missing, also 130.132, 134 and possibly 39 (if there was a house previously, though it may have been a factory judging by the size of the space, the larger scale c1938 map does not make this clear)

Not quite sure what you are asking for Paul. As Alan says, you can see that 52, 54, 56 are missing, also 130.132, 134 and possibly 39 (if there was a house previously, though it may have been a factory judging by the size of the space, the larger scale c1938 map does not make this clear)
Sorry Mike, didn't see that was 1950, looking at the other map in the Park Lane thread I can see the missing houses, I was trying to work out where a few pictures were taken, most were at the back of the front properties, like 3/50, 1/66, 1/68, 3/129. I thought the map I had was 1939, Ta

Back