• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Parish of St John Ladywood

Bob Davis

Bob Davis
Just discovered my grandmothers christening in this church, could one of the map experts, identify the location please and also two 'nearby' streets - 5 Portland Place, Johnstone Street and also 1bk57 Steward Street as on the same date as she was christened, her mothers brothers daughter was also christened. This was 1887 and the Portland Court address has not been seen in any census addresses, which 1861,71 & 91 were Grosvenor? Street. Thank you in advance.

Bob

Steward St (green line) is a bit further away...

Steward St.jpg

There are no numbers but if the numbers are the same as 1951, then number 61 is the first house on the bottom left and they go up sequentially. So on the right side it would be 60, 59, 58 and so on but the houses are gone by then so not sure which it is.

Following the pink line down off the map would lead into Monument Road.

Steward St (green line) is a bit further away...

View attachment 154987

There are no numbers but if the numbers are the same as 1951, then number 61 is the first house on the bottom left and they go up sequentially. So on the right side it would be 60, 59, 58 and so on but the houses are gone by then so not sure which it is.

Following the pink line down off the map would lead into Monument Road.
Thank you so much, very much appreciated and what speed

Bob

bob i believe st johns church is still standing but i cant seem to get to it on street view maybe someone else can

lyn

Back