• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Parish maps?

Joom

proper brummie kid
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone knows where there are any parish maps at all? I'm interested in St Lukes parish. apologies if this is in the wrong place but this is the nearest that I could find.

thank you.

Hi Maurice

Many thanks for that but it looks like you have to buy those? I was hoping that there would be somewhere that had free ones, I'm looking to see where St Lukes parish would be and which other parishes were nearby. 1860s Birmingham. Cassini maps don't even recognise St Lukes as a parish.. [not sure how that works then!] I have a particular problem trying to see which census return my relative is in as there are several with the same name and age... I do know she isn't with her parents in 1861 and by 1864 she marries.

Hi folks,

I do hope it's ok to ask this in here rather than starting a new thread but I have a friend I'm helping with his genealogy and he wants, if such exists, a map of birmingham showing all the various parishes. Does such a thing exist and if so can anyone point me in the right direction please? I've looked at the cassini link posted by sosperi above and yes you can search by parish but that's not really what I want or need. Any help/advice, as always, much appreciated. Preferably free but happy to look at any paid ones if they fulfil the objective.

Thank you kindly, Nick

Just what the doctor ordered by the look of it, Mike. Thanks a million.

If you don't mind me asking and without wishing in ANY way to sound ungrateful, was that the highest resolution available? Ideally I need to be able to print it out as high def as possible. If the answer is it's already the highest there was then disregard this message and once again, thank you very much, Mike!

Sorry, but this is something I had in my records which I obtained from someone else, and not sure exactly where it originated

Back