• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Parents of our parents.

What really lovely photos John. Beautiful!
Yes, I love this thread too.

Ann

John truly lovely photo's and I bet your glad lyour parents kept them safe for their children and grandchildren?. Jean.

John truly lovely photo's and I bet your glad lyour parents kept them safe for their children and grandchildren?. Jean.

Yes Jean, most of the pictures I have were in 2 biscuit tins from my dad's house when he died in 2001... luckily lots of the photos had names written on the the back.

John, I wish my ancestors had put names on the back. Mind you I need talk!

Ann

Oops.. attached this time

These are my Grandparents on my Fathers side. GM 4th from left - rear row, Aunt, then GF. Picture from the early 20's

Printmeister and Mike quite a few of mine have faded writing on the back but some have nothing and I would have loved to know who they were. Bye. Jean.

Smashing photos Mike and Printmeister - I do love this thread. I wish I had a photo of all the family like yours Mike. My family never went in for photos much and I only have one or two, but no groups like this lovely one of yours.

I might have seen your granddad and his horse Printmeister as I always went to the Handsworth Shows.

Judy

Printmeister notice your grandad won a rosette on that occasion do you know which one. Bet you don't know the horses name though?. Jean.

my dogs name was punch.

Fred

A bit short on time these days but I have been looking through all your wonderful photos.

Fred we had some great times with your dog 'Punch' he really loved the both of us, thanks for posting.

Most have my old photos gone 'missing' during to my move to Belgium in he 60's but I do have a lot of my Flemish wife's family. Here is her mum and dad, Marie Maes & Benoit Verspecht taken around 1930.

Sorry forgot to put who everyone was. Top left my grandparents Tom and Beatrice Pugh then to their right Gt grandad Pugh, below left grandads mom and to the right grandad as a little boy

Denise that must be your nan and grandad top left?. Lovely photo's. You will find some kind person making them look like new soon. Jean.

And theres more: top left nan (on right) with friend Rose Leason in Blackpool, on left gt grandma Mills (nans mom) then below right my mom and finally grandad (on the left of the photo) what a dappa

A photo of my mum's parents at a wedding in the early 30's. My dad is just behind them. The 2nd photo is in their back garden at Broomhill Rd Perry Common, and shows the bride & groom with bridesmaids, my mum is on the right. Hasting's Rd school is behind the garden, and possibly Dovedale Rd in the distance. Slightly off topic, but a bit of history, see the poles at the ends of most gardens, and wires from them just about visible. They were used to feed the signals to the 'wirelesses' which the parents of our parents listened to in those days.

Attachments

• 2_OldPH056.jpg
    2_OldPH056.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 4_OldPH058.jpg
    4_OldPH058.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 112
Thanks for sharing those lovely photo's Oldmohawk. I know the roads you mention quite well. When I was young my parents took me to Dovedale road to visit Mr and Mrs Turner their friends. They lived in an upstairs masonette. Like what you said about the posts being used as kind of aerials. Bye. Jean.

Back