• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Parents of our parents.

Catsclaws, that is such a sad story, but thank you for sharing it.
I hope you manage to work out how to add your photos to your post..there's lots of information on the site to help you.

oldMohawk, another great photo...I wonder if there is any connection between your Taylors and mine ??

I wonder if there is any connection between your Taylors and mine ??

Hi Catsclaws,
Tracing family history is one area I'm not good at and never tried.
I'm just amazed how quickly knowlegeable members of the forum can trace and supply information about family history to persons requesting.
oldmohawk

Hi oldmohawk

Its Lindyloo who was wondering about your Taylor family history :) BTW Im glad you liked my story . Yes I have been in here now for about 3 years and I love this site very much . I have lived in Halifax now for 20 years and I still have a broad Brummy accent . Brummie born and bred and proud of it :)
I have managed to get back to the 1790s especially on my dads side as they were all canal People . I was going to put all those photos back on this site but it looks like you need a URL now to do it and I havent got one of those .
FH has laid a lot of ghosts for me and I strongly recommend it :)
Kind Regards Jean :)

Tracing family history is one area I'm not good at and never tried.
I'm just amazed how quickly knowlegeable members of the forum can trace and supply information about family history to persons requesting.
oldmohawk

oldMohawk, it was just a passing thought :) given the name and the area, but of course Taylor is a popular name in any area. I have been researching my tree (and others) for about 20 years now but I have only recently really started on that side of the family..but if I do happen to come across a connection, I will let you know :)
You are right about the Forum members though..they are amazing !!

I have managed to get back to the 1790s especially on my dads side as they were all canal People . I was going to put all those photos back on this site but it looks like you need a URL now to do it and I havent got one of those .
FH has laid a lot of ghosts for me and I strongly recommend it :)
Kind Regards Jean :)
Hi Jean, Thats brilliant re your Dads side, :)
You to can get an URL for your photos, you need to first load your photos on to "Birmingham History's Image Hosting" which you will find at the top of each page (its in a blue box if you scroll to the top of the page) Next to it in another blue box is a "How to post images Video Guide" which will help you to do it...once you have added a photo to the Host site, it will give you the URL you need to post it when you right click on your photo...if you need any help at all please dont hesitate to ask :)

oldMohawk, it was just a passing thought :) given the name and the area, but of course Taylor is a popular name in any area. !
Hi lindyloo
You can see how little I know about tracing family history, I realise that I had given the married surname of my Mom's Mom which I suspect is not much use in tracing family history. The name of my Mom's Dad is Philip Taylor.
oldmohawk...:peaceful:

:strawberry:This is a photo of my Nan Pem as she was known. She was on one of her holidays with the Pheasey Pensioners Club.

Attachments

• Scan4.jpg
    Scan4.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 20
Back