• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Paratrooper

cookie273uk

master brummie
normal_Paratrooper.JPG
Paratrooper~0.JPG
This a commission for Templer, a friend of his in his Army days

Last edited:
Eric you have excelled yourself. Bob the para in this painting loves it and when he get on the forum, he will tell you himself.:)

Eric - I wish I had a fraction of your painting skills.
I know the subject - Paratrooper Bob - the picture is stunning - he'll be over the moon - he has registered on the Forum ( Para Bob ) but is awaiting account activation.

Chris/Brian (I get mixed up your names, put it down to age:D) I will have it framed tomorrow, same size and frame as your pub paintings. Will arrange delivery. Eric

Thank you Eric, the painting is fabulous, Bob is over the moon with it after being able to see it on the forum this afternoon.

This is a nephew of mine who lies in a Far off Foreign Field which is Forever England, note his age 19 years of age, Bernard

That drawing is superb, you are very talented. This thread caught my eye because my dad was in B Company Parachute regiment during the last war, jumping in Africa, Italy and Arnhem. I thought those with an interest in the regiment would like to see the attached photos I loaned to the author of B Company arrived some years ago.
The second is of B Company taken days before the battle of Arnhem, the first is the only surviving photo of the sand table of Arnhem used for the briefing. I donated the original to the parachute regiment museum.

I thank you for interest in the painting. It was taken during my service with THE PARACHUTE REGIMENT. I had just got my wings 8 jump wonder. the photoes are fantastic, knowing a lot of the old arnhem.its a wonder I havnt met one of them. thanks for the interest .PARABOB.

Bernard,

I have just seen the photo of your nephew Harold Sands. Judging by the date on his headstone (19th August 1944) he was killed in the failed attempt to capture the bridge at Arnhem. It was a brave attempt and many of our brave lads died. Who amongst us would be prepared to jump out of an aeroplane armed only with a rifle and knowing that you would land on enemy territory and have to go into action immediately?

May they all Rest In Peace.

Old Boy

Bernard,

I have just seen the photo of your nephew Harold Sands. Judging by the date on his headstone (19th August 1944) he was killed in the failed attempt to capture the bridge at Arnhem. It was a brave attempt and many of our brave lads died. Who amongst us would be prepared to jump out of an aeroplane armed only with a rifle and knowing that you would land on enemy territory and have to go into action immediately?

May they all Rest In Peace.

Old Boy

Operation Market Garden (Arnhem) was fought between the 17-25 September 1944. They were indeed heroes.

Back