• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Panelcraft in Kingsheath

S

samcat

I am trying to find anyone who knew of this sheet metal fabricators located Grange Rd, Kingsheath and later in Quinton, more especially a director of the company Edward Hadley and his 2 brothers Leonard and Lewis who worked for him. My uncle used to work there between 1946 -1949 and would like to know what happened to his old friends .

i worked for panelcraft in Kingsheath Birmingham In year 1947 Ted Hadley was my boss it was over the Birmingham dairy upstairs along side was a farrier shoe horses
Teds two brothers were in production of all alluminium milk carts panel crafts were a group of highly skilled panel beaters producing the prototypes for the Morris minor I was just the boy then
Also the wings for cars that no spares were available for Jensen and those type of carsick
There was a section of metal workers making drip trays for the bar trade all soft solderered joints
I worked as boy to Ginger Liston ex r.a.f Frank floyd also mr Sargeant a perfectionist at his job
During the war the firm was making airplane parts at the time the firm was in two places one in grange road and about hundred yards away where the dairy and where I worked was a street at right angles parallel to high street I am 88 now so doubt many still alive I should think there were twenty employees at that section grange road did more production metal work Ted lived at that time on the Rednal road nearly to Rednal

i worked for panelcraft in Kingsheath Birmingham In year 1947 Ted Hadley was my boss it was over the Birmingham dairy upstairs along side was a farrier shoe horses
Teds two brothers were in production of all alluminium milk carts panel crafts were a group of highly skilled panel beaters producing the prototypes for the Morris minor I was just the boy then
Also the wings for cars that no spares were available for Jensen and those type of carsick
There was a section of metal workers making drip trays for the bar trade all soft solderered joints
I worked as boy to Ginger Liston ex r.a.f Frank floyd also mr Sargeant a perfectionist at his job
During the war the firm was making airplane parts at the time the firm was in two places one in grange road and about hundred yards away where the dairy and where I worked was a street at right angles parallel to high street I am 88 now so doubt many still alive I should think there were twenty employees at that section grange road did more production metal work Ted lived at that time on the Rednal road nearly to Rednal

Hi Trevor,
I have only just seen your comments on Panelcraft, are you interetsed to talk about it? Did you get a response from Samcat? I can help with info and photos

Back