• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Palm Court Hotel, Wake Green Road 1966/1967

Rosy

proper brummie kid
Hi,
Has anyone got a Kelly's directory for 1966/1967 which lists the electoral role for the Palm Court hotel,
Wake Green road, Moseley please?

I am trying to establish if my hubbie's sister Mary Teresa johnson was on the electoral role for 1966/1967,
as she would have been 21 in the year 1966.
She lived/worked at the hotel from 1960-1964 that we know of. We are trying to establish in what year she
left the Hotel.

Many thanks

Rosy

Unfortunately the Kelly s Directory's do not go into that much detail this is the entry for 1966-67
37 to 43 Palm Court Hotel Wake Green Road,
The Electoral role is your best bet

Thankyou horsencart.
Unfortunately the electoral role section at the birmingham Central Library
is closed until Sept 3rd. And they can't be viewed anywhere else, nor can they
do a lookup!

So i guess I'll have to wait til september. But many, many thanks

Rosy

hi rosie ;
As Far as i am aware the palm court hotel building is still standing on wake green rd ;and i am not to sure its kept its name but it is now housing
they have not altered any of the frontage of it the building in my eyes is on the same parr as the old routin house that used to over alcester street for many years ago down and outs ;
but palm court hotel was a big hotel with its locvely painted walls in bright colours of a blue waves and golen sands and the palm tree muruel on the out side of the building from top to bottom ;
and well loked after property best wishes astonian;

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou for that insight to the Hotel as it was, and now is today.
The sister we are searching for worked/lived at the Palm Court hotel from 1960-1964 that
we know of. Was hoping to find if she is on the electoral role in 1966.
Very interesting, and as you say sad that it is like it is now.
Many thanks

Rosy

Would your hubbies sister know a Ellen Elizabeth Lawrence.
Was the palm court an old peoples home

hi morris
the old palm court building is still standing on wake green rd mosely and its the very old people whom are housed there
some are young and middle aged thou its really is a destitute home for the elderly people whom are either elderly and home less and some are there
by the mental heailth department whom are severely have mental health issue but it really an old persons home years ago and well respected lookin property
but today he building looks in a state of disrepair i would not be surprized its owned by the council or the mental health department
it is sd to see these people hobbling down along or just sitting on the pavements on wake green rd Astonian;;;;

Back