• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Painting of Salutation pub

cookie273uk

master brummie
Had problems with this one, black and white pic so all colours guesswork, hard to define what was stone and what was brickwork and top left windows configuration rather confusing, so a bit of artists licence used. Never saw the pub in real life so had to rely purely on what appears to be the only image available.Lyn Salutation pub.jpg

It's a lovely painting as always Eric. I think you have captured it beautifully although like you I never knew the pub. You have a wonderful talent!

eric the painting is wonderful and i love the figures you have added to it...thank you

eric has painted this one for a friend of my brother who used this pub many times and has many happy memories of it..at the moment his wife is very poorly so i am sure this painting will bring a smile to his face..

once again thank you so very much

lyn x

many thanks eric for dropping off the sally painting...it really is wonderful...nice to have a cuppa and a chat as well

lyn x

Last edited:
Back