• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Painting of Fox and Goose

cookie273uk

master brummie
Used a members old black and white pic for this so all coFox and Goose.JPGlours are guess work, date and location of pub unknown to me. Will donate it as a raffle prize for our next meet.

oh i just love it eric...whoever wins it will be a very lucky person...thank you so much...

lyn x

Lyn where is/was it situated ? and when was pic taken ? I like to put a label on back giving such information. Eric

eric i dont know when the pic was taken as i have not seen it was it one of mine....fox and goose is at washwood heath road and its still very much up and running..got a bit of age to it i believe..

lyn

Eric this is the photo it must have been taken pre 1905 as the pub was rebuilt in mock Tudor style shortly after that that, there has been a pub on the site since the 1600's I believe.

Attachments

• Ward End Fox and Goose.jpg
    Ward End Fox and Goose.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 41
Thanks Frothy, I realise now where it is, have been in it a few times during my time in Erdington (1962 - 1987). will note date and location. Thanks again. Will now sort through my St Georges pics, am painting to many pubs and not enough Churches !! Eric

No I can't either Lyn, I dont know why. I will try one more time.

Attachments

• Fox and Goose washwood heath rd c1905 (1) (Small).jpg
    Fox and Goose washwood heath rd c1905 (1) (Small).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 25
Terry had you posted the photo before elsewhere?

thats what i was thinking phil..if thats the case terry could try just renaming the photo and try to post it again..oh it ok i can see it now and what a cracking one it is...how its changed round there...

thanks terry

Terry, I like this view much better, would you mind if I used it for a painting ? The trees are a bit intrusive, could make it a winter scene with no foliage. Eric

Carry on Eric and do what you like, I have no claims at all to it, and that goes for any picture I post. On the odd occassion I may post one of my own pictures but even then anyone is welcome to them. Phil, I probably have posted it somewhere, but likewise I have copied it from somewhere, most likely facebook.

Eric, I will repost it in a larger size if it helps.

Attachments

• Fox and Goose washwood heath rd c1905 (1) (Large).jpg
    Fox and Goose washwood heath rd c1905 (1) (Large).jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back