• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Painting of Fox and Goose

cookie273uk

master brummie
Used a members old black and white pic for this so all coFox and Goose.JPGlours are guess work, date and location of pub unknown to me. Will donate it as a raffle prize for our next meet.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
oh i just love it eric...whoever wins it will be a very lucky person...thank you so much...

lyn x

cookie273uk

master brummie
Lyn where is/was it situated ? and when was pic taken ? I like to put a label on back giving such information. Eric

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
eric i dont know when the pic was taken as i have not seen it was it one of mine....fox and goose is at washwood heath road and its still very much up and running..got a bit of age to it i believe..

lyn

Phil

Retired Layabout
Eric this is the photo it must have been taken pre 1905 as the pub was rebuilt in mock Tudor style shortly after that that, there has been a pub on the site since the 1600's I believe.

Attachments

cookie273uk

master brummie
Thanks Frothy, I realise now where it is, have been in it a few times during my time in Erdington (1962 - 1987). will note date and location. Thanks again. Will now sort through my St Georges pics, am painting to many pubs and not enough Churches !! Eric

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
Terry had you posted the photo before elsewhere?
thats what i was thinking phil..if thats the case terry could try just renaming the photo and try to post it again..oh it ok i can see it now and what a cracking one it is...how its changed round there...

thanks terry

cookie273uk

master brummie
Terry, I like this view much better, would you mind if I used it for a painting ? The trees are a bit intrusive, could make it a winter scene with no foliage. Eric

terryb18

Gone but not forgotten R.I.P.
Carry on Eric and do what you like, I have no claims at all to it, and that goes for any picture I post. On the odd occassion I may post one of my own pictures but even then anyone is welcome to them. Phil, I probably have posted it somewhere, but likewise I have copied it from somewhere, most likely facebook.