• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Painting of Ford Street

cookie273uk

master brummie
This is a painting of Ford Street Hockley around 1950 for Carolina who lived there at the time, Painted a full colour version initially but it lacked the atmosphere of this 2 colour version. EricFord St.JPG

That's lovely Eric. You are so talented - thank you for posting it so we could all see it - I expect Carolina is thrilled with it.

Beautiful (as usual) Eric. Carolina must be thrilled with it (if not, I'll bite her head off.....:fat::fat: )

Charlie, I am thrilled with it especially as there is a little 'me' standing on the step by the lamp post on the left. I did rooms in my house on another thread, now you can see the outside of where I lived. Thanks again Eric.

Carolina do you know a family called Margaret and Ted Lagoe that lived in Ford St?I think they lived there in 1960.The pic is lovely that Eric done you.Irene

Morning Irene, I have had a look at the electoral roll back to the 1940s, but I cannot find Ted or Margaret in Ford Street. I think it was probably perhaps towards the bottom of the street where they lived. Although I did have a paper round and I still dont remember the name. Carol

carol ive just been going through some old files and found this one of ford st...not even sure if i posted it on the forum or if you have seen this one before but thought it worth posting just in case

lyn

Lynn looking at this picture again, I noticed the old barrow at the top of the street. The times I have run upto him to get the old vegetable.

Thats a good old familiar view Lyn, been past there hundreds of times when I was a youngster. Don't know where Spring Hill comes into it though.

Terry

glad its new to you carol and brings back memories

terry i thought that about it saying spring hill..obviously an error of caption...

Hi Lyn, Thanks for that photograph. No demolished buildings when I worked around that area. I used the Police Pillar many times. The TV shop the other side of the crossing was a regular target for thieves. Regards George.

Back