• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Painting of Ford Street

cookie273uk

master brummie
This is a painting of Ford Street Hockley around 1950 for Carolina who lived there at the time, Painted a full colour version initially but it lacked the atmosphere of this 2 colour version. EricFord St.JPG

pollypops

master brummie
That's lovely Eric. You are so talented - thank you for posting it so we could all see it - I expect Carolina is thrilled with it.

Charlie

knows nowt
Beautiful (as usual) Eric. Carolina must be thrilled with it (if not, I'll bite her head off.....:fat::fat: )

carolina

master brummie
Charlie, I am thrilled with it especially as there is a little 'me' standing on the step by the lamp post on the left. I did rooms in my house on another thread, now you can see the outside of where I lived. Thanks again Eric.

irene floyd

master brummie
Carolina do you know a family called Margaret and Ted Lagoe that lived in Ford St?I think they lived there in 1960.The pic is lovely that Eric done you.Irene

carolina

master brummie
Morning Irene, I have had a look at the electoral roll back to the 1940s, but I cannot find Ted or Margaret in Ford Street. I think it was probably perhaps towards the bottom of the street where they lived. Although I did have a paper round and I still dont remember the name. Carol

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
carol ive just been going through some old files and found this one of ford st...not even sure if i posted it on the forum or if you have seen this one before but thought it worth posting just in case

lyn

carolina

master brummie
Lynn looking at this picture again, I noticed the old barrow at the top of the street. The times I have run upto him to get the old vegetable.

terryb18

Gone but not forgotten R.I.P.
Thats a good old familiar view Lyn, been past there hundreds of times when I was a youngster. Don't know where Spring Hill comes into it though.

Terry

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
glad its new to you carol and brings back memories

terry i thought that about it saying spring hill..obviously an error of caption...

George1468

master brummie
Hi Lyn, Thanks for that photograph. No demolished buildings when I worked around that area. I used the Police Pillar many times. The TV shop the other side of the crossing was a regular target for thieves. Regards George.