• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Paget Rd School Pype Hayes

Hi I attended Paget from about 51 to 62 that was Infants/Junior and Senior, I class it as an ok time in my life, I also remember a Raymond Taylor from Westmead Crescent, Janet Cope, Arthur Dingley, Thomas Skinner and Raymond Samsom from Paget Rd.
After looking at the staff photo 1958 I recognize Mr Southal but sorry to say not anybody else.

Mike Trinder

Re: Paget Rd

my brother and sister attended this school from mid sixties ..Paul and Louise O'Regan...memories?
paul was in my class (mr roberts ) if i remember right a decent rugby player he was to .
norman hubbleday

ray taylor is my brother inlaw who lived at 31 westmead crescent ...he is still going strong even though a tad older .

many a happy hour spent down at the spinney we built a great tree house with a knocked off tarpaulin ,

Is that you Norman? I know you must remember the spinney at lunch time.. that rope slide was lethal!

Ian

The last time I saw Paul O Regan was when he was with West Midlands Police involved with taking DNA samples for the Nicola Dixon inquiry... cheeky bugger took mine!!

Did anyone attend Paget Road Secondary School. Pype Hayes, Birmingham.I started there in 1946/47 and my sister started there 7 years before. My eldest sister was 21 years older and she also attended the same school but I am not aware of what date or how old she would have been

Hello Lynda.
Yes Mrs Edwards Teacher at Paget road School was married to Mr.Edwards in boys school. Mrs Edwards was one of my teachers apart from other lessons she used to take us for needlework. I was at Paget Road School in from about 1949 after attending Paget Road Infants School. My name then was Paamela Green, I lived in Woodlands Farm Road, Erdington. I used to walk all the way to school and never thought anything of it. It was great when the 66J bus started to run as at least I got a treat during the Winter. Best wishes, Pam

Always tough opposition at football were Paget, as were Gunter Road. I used to play against them, usually at Grange Road late 50s. Can't remember any of the players names for Paget, but the goalie for Gunter was a little guy (Ossie Osborne) and he played for Erdington Schools.

I used to play for Paget in the Netball team. We were a great team but, looking back I don't think I thought anything of it then I just enjoyed the game. Great time. Also enjoyed art with Miss Waters (or Walters) she was a realy nice teacher. I also remember a Miss Ward,rumour had it that she used to have her shoes made for her as she had such huge bunions.She was rather a large lady and combined with her aching feet had a hard time taking us for P.E when our usual P.E teacher a Miss Eason was unavailable. I used to find the teachers and their personalities and habits far more intersting and entertaining than the actual lessons.

I lived at 61 paget rd and was in the school until leaving dec 1959. The big lad you mentioned is John Duffy(he became my bodyguard)
i remember parker, roberts and edwards and of cause drayton the head.

peter holmes

hi pudding boy i left in 1959 dec also my name is david griffin mr marsh was my last teacher

Hi Pamela, I also played in the Netball team along with Kay Tuckey and Sandra Witts. I was also in the swimming team and went on to swim for Erdington and Birmingham. Miss Warne now there was a woman to be scared of but she was a great coach in swimming and sports but swimming mainly. Did you ever go to her house? it was either in Slade rd or just off it. And Miss Garvey the headmistress, how many bloody trees did she have on that wallpaper in her office. Paget Rd school days were the best days of my life, if only I'd left school with the knowledge I have now my life would have been so different!

Having read through the Pype Hayes-related posts here, I wonder if anyone knew my cousin, Tommy Pallet. I haven't seen him for years and often wonder how he's getting on.

The last time I saw Paul O Regan was when he was with West Midlands Police involved with taking DNA samples for the Nicola Dixon inquiry... cheeky bugger took mine!!

I didnt pick this up til now ...3 years later! My brother would be very thorough!...Retired now living in the sun of Portugal...his niece is a police officer though.

I also remember these teacher and Mrs Garvey and Mrs bartholemew they were really good teachers strict but fair

Back