• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

P.S.V. Badge

Lyn asked whether it was possible to travel from Park Lane to Weoley Castle. I do not know whether WMPTE and it successors made route alterations.
However in BCT days you would have to change buses, at Bristol Road ?? to the 20 route - 21 and 22 after 1957.

I lost my badge in the bus station many years ago - they weren't necessary then and so I couldn't get it replaced. It was DD 61276 if it's in anyone's collection!
Wow, very close to mine, a reversible DD61216, and my conductor's was DD78133. Still got them, along with the conductors paper licence.

Wow, very close to mine, a reversible DD61216, and my conductor's was DD78133. Still got them, along with the conductors paper licence.
Never had a conductor's badge, only ever conducted once (one journey!) - couldn't keep my balance! A friend kindly repainted one with a different number to be a replica of the one I lost.

Attachments

• Mine.jpg
    Mine.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi,

I knew a bus conductor in the 1950's who usually worked the Outer Circle.
I think he was based at Acocks Green.
His badge from memory was BB30547. I seem to remember he told me it was issued in
Yorkshire, but in the time I knew him he never wore a DD badge.

Kind regards
Dave

Back