• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Outrigger

No problem if I can find any more I will post them but sorry they are all I have at the moment !

Hi Dek

You mention that you did the electrical installation at 'The Outrigger', my grandfathers and fathers companies fitted out this pub along, the company was Rayham's and HBH, wonder if you know the company names. Justin Hampson

Hello Justin i,m sorry i can,t recall any companies that were there at that time i was in my 20s then and i have worked at hundreds of locations since then, now is the time i wished i had kept a diary i could have wrote a book on different building sites around the town. Dek

Hi Dek

It must have been at the same time that my dad's company was refitting out the pub, I spoke to him earlier and he said it was late 60's early 70's that this was done out as a ship with masts and everything. I always remembering him telling me me that before they started it was just a concrete shell (not really appealing), but never judge a book by its cover my dad used to say. cheers for the reply

My band played this venue in 95, we were one of the last bands to play there. Its rumoured Ocean Colour Scene got there name from a picture on the top floor.
The portrait featured a saling ship / galleon in rough waters.

I really think this building should have had a preservation order on it due to it being built on concrete/blocks stilts !...wierd but safe???

Back