• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our family tree: Weddings

So great to see you guys & gals photos, I bet a lot more members have more to share keep them comming. well done every one

Hi All

1st post so apologies if i've not handled the photo correctly. The only way I seemed to be able to upload it was by creating a public album?

My Brummie mom (Hilda Jenney) and black-country dad (Gordon Thursfield) in their wedding photo from 14th October 1939, at Saint Mary's Church, Aston Brook.

It's rumoured that the little chap on the right on his mom's knee is calling himself "the Baron" these days?

Best wishes,
Gordon Thursfield

picture.php

Hi Gordon, My Mum is a Thursfield,(William and Evelyn Hand) Havent all my info to hand as laid up with a slipped disc. Are your family all Black Country based ?

Hi Suze

My Thursfields are Wednesbury based since the 1760s. Grandfather Thomas who is in the wedding photo, moved to Wolverhampton in 1910 to pursue his trade as a music hall/silent cinema violinist and violin teacher.

Best wishes,
Gordon

Gordon - I may have asked you this before but I went to school with a girl called Wendy Thursfield do you have a relative with that name. We lived in Handsworth and she would be in her mid 60's now. :) Maureen

Hi Sakura

I have one Wendy Thursfield in my database born 1955 daughter of George A Thursfield and ? Slack. The relationship calculator reports we are 6th cousins with Thomas Thursfield and Ann Kendrick as common ancestors who married in 1768 in Wednesbury

Hi Suze

I think I have your gf William in my database but have no family details. Born March quarter 1907 in the Aston district of Birmingham son of Arthur Thursfield and Louisa Watson?
Our common ancestors married in 1731 in Weeford (near Lichfield).

Best wishes,
Gordon

Last edited:
Hi Suze

I think I have your gf William in my database but have no family details. Born March quarter 1907 in the Aston district of Birmingham son of Arthur Thursfield and Louisa Watson?
Our common ancestors married in 1731 in Weeford (near Lichfield).

Best wishes,
Gordon

Thats my lovely Grandad!:beam: but he was born in Nov ? Do you think that was when his birth was registered? His sister Beattie is still alive.
Maybe you could message me? Do you know Pat Gould?

Hi Gordon, sorry I have only just got back to look at this thread. Do you know where your Wendy lived or went to school? I think she might be too young to be the girl I was in school with, she would have been born around 1944-5. Thanks for posting the information though. :) Mo

Here's a picture of my dad's cousin Ellen (Nellie) Parry (Née Handley) at her second marriage, to Arthur Peckover in 1949. It would be great to hear from anyone who recognises anybody in the pitcure.
View attachment 42398

lil_horace_wedding_(Large).jpg
I have so enjoyed looking at this thread, the photos are wonderful.
I thought Id add one from my family tree. It is the wedding of my Great Aunt Lily Taylor to Horace Ford.
I also have most of the people named if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I dont have a wedding photo of my Nan and Grandad's wedding, (they were Doris May Taylor and Albert Norman Jones) My Grandad died before I was born and my wonderful Nan remarried about 35 years after when she was 87 !!!!! so I hope you dont mind me posting this photo although it is not an old one..Nan married John Goddard.

joneses.jpg

Last edited:
My parents didn't have any wedding photos. Their marriage was a secret except for close family members and one trusted friend. This was due to Mom working at Lucas's, Great Hampton Street when married women in offices were not allowed in the early 1930's......
so here is one photo of my wedding taken on Sept 28, 1974 in Vancouver. I had mentioned in another thread that G looked very much like Robert Goulet in those days.:D:D

Back