• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our family tree: Weddings

No, I was an actress at the theatre in Nairobi. But there were a lot of clubs and bars that were popular with the colonials and ex service personnel that stayed on in Kenya. I loved it out there, I bet your grandparents did too.

Ann

Thanks to the forum team I am now up and running with you guys again on my birthday laptop.
Its great to see your input into this thread keep it going.
(JUST NOW GOT TO CHECK IF I AM STILL OK WITH THE DESKTOP & THIS FORUM)

Betty___Bob_Wedding.jpg
I love this photo of my uncle Bob (mom's brother)and my aunty Betty. Moms other brother Jim is best man and his fiancee at the time now wife aunty Elsie is bridesmaid. My Granddad and Grandma are on the left. Not sure which church may have been in Walsall.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was my mom and dad Arthur Noel Wigley and Gladys Smith
married at St James Church, Handsworth 1923.
This photo is in dad's parents garden 76 Victoria Road, Handsworth.

View attachment 27074

William_Baily_and_Ada_Partridge.jpg
That's a lovely photo Mo here is a similar one of Michael's Uncle and Aunt Bill and Ada Bailey nee Partridge. I am not sure where they married but the lived in Henage Street Duddeston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncle Bill was a giant of a man he was often called on to sort out family squabbles including domestics in Henage Street. He also served in the guards.

Hi Mo and Wendy - what beautiful photos they are. Both the bride's have similar shoes don't they. They both look lovely.

Judy

Sorry posted too soon. The first is the Pheasey side from Cubington my grandad Taplin is the third gent from the left. The second is my cousin Carols wedding from West Brom the third another Cubbington wedding but no names on the back and the fourth is aunt Freda from Ireland and uncle Normans second wedding. Should have said second reception as the church wedding was in Ireland Dublin to be precise. Jean.

The First pic is my parents wedding on 8 Dec 1945 at Holy Cross Church. Billesley.
The second one is my wedding on 7 Dec 1968 at Holy Cross Church. Billesley.
Family name is Haylor.

Have just brought this thread to the todays post so the Bernard can share his lovely photo's with us all. Jean.

Back