• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our family tree: Weddings

Ann, what a wonderful photo......dont they all look so grand in all their finery. Beautiful picture. I'm so enjoying seeing all these photos of all the weddings.:)

these are two from our wedding PAMELA & KEITH JENNEY 16th JUNE 1962 St Peters Maney SUTTON COLDFIELD
our_wedding_mod20.jpg

our_wedding_mod17.jpg

Have come across these wedding photos. I'm afraid I don't know much about them but here goes;

View attachment 26874

I have a feeling this is a photo of one of my nan's brothers, so it is either Alfred Heath and his wife Ivy or Frederick Heath and his wife, I think Beatrice. The photographer was an E. May & Co., Artists, 279 Wheeler Street, Lozells, Birmingham.

View attachment 26875

I have absolute no idea whose wedding this is.

View attachment 26876

On the back of this photograph the names Albert and Jenny are written.

This one is my sister in law & brother in law PEARL (Nee Benton)& GOFF HUMPHRESON Taken at HOLY TRINTY SUTTON COLDFIELD, 4 days before Goff was killed on the landings in Italy.
Only 4 days of honeymoon allowed by the MOD before being shipped out,so very sad. How many poor newley Wed's had to have this thrust up on them in a time of WAR.

Some wonderful photograps Jules and Baron. And so sad Baron that he died so soon after his wedding.

Ann

Keith and Jules they are lovely photo's and like Wendy said thank you for sharing them with us. Jean.

All I know about this photograph is that the bride's name is Margaret King. I assume that King is here married name but I am not sure. My mother is the young woman standing behind the bride. It is probably taken about 1915 or 1916. The final thing is that my mother told me that some years later, one of the little boys sitting at the feet of the bride (I can't remember which one), married the bride, Margaret King.
Of course, I am only guessing, but I imagine that, sadly the bridegroom did not survive the war.

This is my Aunt Audrey and Uncle John she was actually Mom's cousin but they were more like sisters. Uncle John passed away a few years ago but Aunty is well and lives in North Wales she will be 91 this year.

John_and_Audrey_Kaby_nee_Cadecott_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my cousin Beattie and her husband Bob who lived in Coventry and later at Mortehoe North Devon. Jean.

George Hall and Doris Woolgar, married in Lewisham, 6th June 1937.
They eventually settled in Walton on the Naze, Essex, where George became the town baker. The Woolgars are my side of the family by marriage, and George & Doris' granddaughter and I have helped each other construct family trees. I told her I remembered her as a toddler when we visited her grandparents on holiday many years ago!

Hope you folk do not mind but this is another one from our family album.
Its the second wedding for my sister in law after the death off her husband Goff in WORLD WAR II.
It shows PEARL (HUMPHRESON) (Nee Benton ) & new husband JAMES MOORE.
The little blonde bridesmaid on the right as you look at the pic; is my wife Pamela.

Keep them coming Keith. They are all great photo's and I'm so glad I have mine to look back on. I know some people who'se grandparents photo's were just cleared out when they passed away. Must get sorting again. Jean.

Keith we don't mind at all. Love seeing all the different clothes and settings.

Ann

Hi Donna,

Lovely to see your grandparents wedding photo. I worked in Nairobi in '73 and '74. I wonder where in Nairobi it was taken.

Ann

There was a club/bar we used to go to at the air strip. But I can't remember the name, as usual.

Ann

Back