• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our family tree: Weddings

Hi Jean just remembered Steven has the album photos putting them on a
CDROM for me, think might have a couple, Ive that Matt Monroe CD on the
computer, and he singing all Enids Favorits, Im filling up with tears
bye Bernard

Thank you so much Bernard I wouldn't have gone to bed till I had taken another look. Your wife is so beautiful and you a very lucky gent. Bye. Jean.

Bernard just noticed the little boy and girl at either side front row looking across at one another lovingly. Jean.

That's up to you Bernard but we would love to see it. How beautiful your wife is on that photo once again what a lucky man. Bye. Jean.

just caught up with this thread...what lovely wedding pics...heres my mom and dads wedding..st georges church newtown...they have been married for 59 years next wednesday:):)

All of the photos are lovely. There's nothing like a nice wedding. Thought I'd show one of mine. 43 years ago now.
Lynda:)

Hi Jean
We were married in 1966 in Erdington Parish Church. I've looked closely at all the other photos, hoping I recognise someone.
Lynda:)

Hi Jean, Enid and I were married at Castle Bromwich Church on 28 August
1954, so it would have been 55 years next month! The Rev Canon Forbes
officiated, we had a bad start really, Enids Mom had a brain haemorrhage in May,
then a week before the wedding we found Enids Dad on the kitchen floor,
he had a burst ulcer, so her brother Hoss gave her way mI didnt know him very well then but he became my best friend for the next fifty
years til he died of bladder cancer in 2003. bye Bernard

Last edited:
With a start to maried life as you had it must have been a sad as well as a joyous time. My daughter in laws three sisters were maried at that church [all on different dates]. Another lovely photo for the thread Bernard. Jean.

TODAY WOULD HAVE BEEN MY LATE MOM & DADS 76th WEDDING ANNY;( DORIS & JENNEY OF 173 TOWER ROAD ASTON)
GOD BLESS NEVER OUT OF MIND

That's lovely to still remember the date after all those years. I must put these photo's on as they keep looking up at me. Will do it shortly. Jean.

Have put this photo on of my old neighbour from Holte road who'm I am still in touch with. She was Betty Read now Dorkins George is her husband. They both worked at the IMI so someone out there might recognise them. Jean.

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER ONE.COME ON YOU GUYS & GALS LETS GET POSTING.
This is my AUNT & UNCLE HILDA & GORDON THURSFIELD.

Hi Baron,
Just browing through an old thread and found this post. I have noticed before that you have 2 of the names in my family history . I would have to get digging to look for a Gordon Thursfield,but if the picture could be re produced I might see a family resemblance. It just came up as a "thumbnail" so couldnt see anything at all. Can you help please?

Hi willhave to get back on the Thursfields as my desktop which has all my family photos on just gave up on me.
Iwill try to post viamy laptop if I rescan.
What is the other name we my have incommon?

Hi willhave to get back on the Thursfields as my desktop which has all my family photos on just gave up on me.
Iwill try to post viamy laptop if I rescan.
What is the other name we my have incommon?

Hardiman....my (I think 2x) gt grand father married Emma

Back