• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our family tree: Weddings

The Baron

master brummie
2_mom___dad_wedding_.JPG
As Jean, sugested I have started this thead in order we can build a FAMILY TREE from Wedding within our own familys.
so come on lets have a go Folks!!
MY MOM & DAD Doris & Bill JENNEY
29th July 1933 ST PETER & ST PAULS ASTON Vicar Rev Henry McGowan

Got another one for you. My aunt & uncle HILDA & JAMES MATTHEWS, This was a SALVATION ARMY WEDDING, Both belonged to the Victoria Road Branch in ASTON.

Baron will sort mine out in the morning as they are upstairs in the wardrobe. I have not a photo of mom and dads wedding but I do know it wasn't a shotgun. I have others of family weddings though. Yours are lovely to look at and look forward to the styles of the wedding dresses. Jean.

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER ONE.COME ON YOU GUYS & GALS LETS GET POSTING.
This is my AUNT & UNCLE HILDA & GORDON THURSFIELD.

AUNT___UNCLE_HILDA___GORDON_THURSFIELD_.jpg

Oh ain't you cute. I bet you were spoiled. Have sorted five out already but unfortunately the one from Leamington has no names of the bride and groom on the back. Will get going with them as promissed in the morning. Thanks Baron for starting this thread will be very interestin. Jean.

What beautiful wedding photos. :) This one is of my Nan's brother's wedding in 1913, Tom Booton & Clara Ellen Lovell in Stareton. My Nan is the young girl seated at the front (on the left) with a shepherds crook in her hand.

This is my Grandparents wedding, Alfred Frank Dolphin & Florence Maud Booton, taken outside Nan's home in Tidbury Green......think it would be 1922.

Last one for tonight.....my beautiful parents wedding day way back in September 1949 which means they celebrate their 60th Anniversary this year bless em. They are Thomas Charles Dolphin & Evelyn Chamberlain & the wedding was at the Congregational Church, Small Heath.

Baron and Dolphie - What wonderful photos, they were a treat to see.

Dolphie - Congratulations to your Mom and Dad on their Diamond Wedding Anniversary this year!

Judy

Love seeing these wedding photos.
This one is from my cousin's album. It is the wedding of William Joseph Spencer and Emily Ellen Wells. They married in Selly Oak on the 19th May 1902, and this was afterwards at 17 Tiverton Road Selly Oak. And the lady behind the groom is Hannah Martin.

Ann

What a lovely photo Ann just look at those amazing hats........wonderful!:)

Thank you Wendy. Yes, I was taken with the hats as well. I wished I had photographs as old as that in my album. But that's one of the joys of doing other relatives trees. I get to scan their wonderful photos.

Ann

Back