• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our childhood toys

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie
I bought one from another shop (not sure which one, not Wilko) and it contained two in a set. I was worried about the size of the balls for small children so I changed the balls for ping pong balls. I bought them for my granddaughter, but we grown-ups get as much fun out of them ! Viv

mw0njm.

Brummie dude
I bought one from another shop (not sure which one, not Wilko) and it contained two in a set. I was worried about the size of the balls for small children so I changed the balls for ping pong balls. I bought them for my granddaughter, but we grown-ups get as much fun out of them ! Viv
great stuff Viv i am not going to say i did buy one to play with:grinning:

rosie

brummie
I had a bat-and-ball which mom called a biffbat, the ball was on a piece of rubbery string and it kept breaking. My brother had Jokari, not sure how to spell it, the ball was on a block of wood on the ground and needed two players with wooden bats a little larger than table tennis ones.
rosie.

RobT

Acemeccanoman
I had a bat-and-ball which mom called a biffbat, the ball was on a piece of rubbery string and it kept breaking. My brother had Jokari, not sure how to spell it, the ball was on a block of wood on the ground and needed two players with wooden bats a little larger than table tennis ones.
rosie.
You spelt it correctly rosie:
jokari.jpg

Eric Gibson

master brummie
Closest I ever came to being a gunshot victim, my mate bought a Diana air pistol and fired it in my direction from a hundred yards away, I heard it scream past my ear with that noise we used to have in the cowboy films. :eek:

Richard Dye

master brummie
items that was a def no no with us, was catapults and a bow and arrow, mom would not let us have them.
I had both while spending time at my aunts farm just outside of Builth Wells. I remember bringing them home on the Midland Red bus. When I got home they disappeared! But I knew how to make them and had a good supply of 1/4” square rubber for the catapult!