• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our Cat Sandy

cookie273uk

master brummie
This is my late Wife Doreen with our cat Sandy outside our married quarters at RAF Seletar, Singapore in Jan 1955. The procedure there is when you are due to return to the UK you pass your cat/dog on to another married family who will then do the same and so on, so the dogs and cats get different owners about every 2 years, but it seemed to work OK. You were not allowed to bring any Pets home. Eric

Attachments

• Outsine 9 Lancaster Gate Seletar.JPG
    Outsine 9 Lancaster Gate Seletar.JPG
    297.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
This is my late Wife Doreen with our cat Sandy outside our married quarters at RAF Seletar, Singapore in 1955. The procedure there is when you are due to return to the UK you pass your cat/dog on to another married family who will then do the same and so on, so the dogs and cats get different owners about every 2 years, but it seemed to work OK. You were not allowed to bring any Pets home. Eric
What a lovely thing to do, so caring for the pets. I love this story. Jen

what a lovely photo eric..i also like the way that pets were handed from one family to another...great idea

lyn

That was a banana plant he was climbing up, we gave our neighbours banana's and they would give us oranges and pineapples depending what was in their garden. We missed Sandy when we flew home but we knew he had a good home. This was our married quarters. I recently went on Google Earth and those married quarters are still there, probably for the airport staff Eric

Attachments

• No. 9 Lancaster Gate.jpg
    No. 9 Lancaster Gate.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
lovely photo eric and there is nothing wrong with the barter system..another good idea

lyn

Back