• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Our best friend

Mrs T

Proud To Be A Brummie.
We got Hamish from Birmingham Dogs home in 1997. We knew nothing about him at all. Not even his true name..
Since we've had him we had two children.
He is simply the best dog in the world.
Not once have we worried about him and the kids been together,he is their baby- sitter when they play in the garden, he sleeps outside my daughters bedroom, he cleans up after them.

He's getting on now, stiff legs untill he hears the lead been picked up...

Mrs. T.,

He is a beautiful fellow. I can see by the grey hairs on his snout that he is getting up there in years. It is so difficult to know our best friend and trusted companions will leave us one day. We will always hold them in our hearts though. They are part of our family, offering unconditional love for a bowl of food, fresh water, lots of hugs and love and a good walk! It is one of life's joys for us to share.

Norma

As I type he is moaning away to my husband, because he knows he going for a walk!
All Con had to do was put his trainers on... Hamish just seems to know when it's time for a walk, I saywalk, he can spot a squirrel a mile away and chase it . Caught one once too..:(.

When he does leave us, we will be in pieces,but I know that within the week we will be back at the dogs home to save another loss soul.
We couldn't be without a dog now.

Mrs T he's an older version of my sons dog Max. He too was a stray found wandering the streets. They adopted him had him chipped inoculated and much to his displeasure had his manhood removed. We all love him dearly. GGJ. :)

Hi Mrs T

His name is Barnie

His pedigree name is :- Barnaby Salador Jethro !!

- but my 5 year old grandaughter calls him Snoop??!! (i am just hoping she has not been listening to SnoopDog ) - :rolleyes:

He is so sweet and inoffensive, he just wants to be friends with everyone, but I must admit he is soooooooo spoilt:)

Back