• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

other english hero's

J

jake

we must remember all those children, who were sent to canada/ australia/ usa/ from barnardos and other homes, who went on to join the respective countries armed forces and fought along side us, after all they were english men same as us, i have ancesters who were sent to canada, and were killed in action fighting the same war as us, every one of them a hero,
some only 18 years old.

R.I.P. all of those

Not only English ..Jake........British and all members of the Commonwealth Countries who fought and died for a single cause

british

Not only English ..Jake........British and all members of the Commonwealth Countries who fought and died for a single cause
sorry cromwell i should have put british, as you say they were all in the same boat putting there lives on the line for freedom

Yes, mates. My dad was there, and I like to think I'd have done the same, given the circumstances. But I'll be dead honest and say I don't know, unless put in that position. I bet all them brave men felt similar, but went anyway. That's what makes a man brave. Not going, but being scared to go but going anyway. God bless 'em all. I'm free because of them.

Back