• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

OS maps showing house numbers

jmadone

master brummie
Are there any old OS maps of Birmingham showing house numbers? I have visited the Library of Scotland site which has been a great help in locating streets but I am unable to find any showing house numbers on streets.
Mikejee has very kindly supplied maps for myself and other members but these come from the now defunct Old Maps site and as I wish to search for a great deal of locations for my ancestors it would be totally unfair to request him to do my research for me however willing he has been in the past.

I have been told by someone, who probably is in the know, the the NLS will be scanning the later 1950s maps eventually, possibly later this year, but that there are copyright issues till then.

I have copies of some of the 1950s map and don't mind helping out if you want.

If the addresses are close it may be possible to cover a few in a single scan.

MWS thanks for your kind offer but I'm looking at looking at a lot of places in Birmingham.
In the meantime I am following up another lead and if that doesn't work out then maybe I'll take up your offer if it's still open.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Back