• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ormond Street

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
Street map request

My great grandfather lived in 56 Ormond Street (9 Court) in 1881. Can anyone please provide me with a detailed street map from around this era showing the house/court?

keith

Hi Keith

My ancestors lived at number 52 Ormond Street in 1871 and then number 11 Ormond Street in 1881.

Unfortunately, I do not have any detailed street maps showing the houses in my family tree documentation.

I would also be very interested if someone came across anything.

Fay - if you look at the Wilton Street thread Michael Ingram has posted three old street maps which shows Ormond Street clearly (use the map in the middle of the options)

keith

hi guys,
i was born in Ormond street in 1946, my mother in 1921, her family lived at 7 Ormond street which was second hand shop, when i was a kid this shop was a sweet shop. I too would be glad to see any maps or photo's
albert clayton
sydney
australia

Street map request

My great grandfather lived in 56 Ormond Street (9 Court) in 1881. Can anyone please provide me with a detailed street map from around this era showing the house/court?

keith
Hi, my Great grandmother lived at 56 Ormond street too. She shows in the 1881 census, named Mary Ann Thompson. Is there any connection between our families.
Regards
Sarah

hi wendy i know this photo will not show much of ormond st where your mom was born but its better than nothing...ormond st is on the right of this photo taken from newtown row probably taken in the late 1930s thumbnail - 2024-02-13T211454.025.jpg

lyn

We used to watch the blacksmith making horseshoes and shodding the hooves on Ormond St. The location would have been around the tin box works shown on the map.
Dave A

hi john....my info is i do agree its a great photo as we dont seem to get so many on that side

John Ashfordis listed there from around the turn of the century till 1933 in Kellys . In 1936 and 1937 it is listed as Frank Beech so he probably didnt change the name of the shop

lyn

Back