• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Orford St

Orford Road,Park Road Hockley is not a road and apparently never had been. It is a terrace yet it is officially designated a road.

kate as you can see from mikes map they were not back to back houses...carolina thats a great photo of orford road and i think may show no 1 as the first house on the right or is it just out of shot also no 7 is showing which is where another member nevy lived...maybe mike could help with that...

mike if thats no 1 marked in red does the house next to it come under park road..

I have tried to make the photo a little clearer. Not sure if I have succeeded. I think that no one is the one where you can just see the edge of the window on the far right, with the first one you can see in full being no 2

Orford Road off Park Road HockleyA.jpg

I lived with my parents at 7 Orford Road.
Hi there just found this today yep I remember you all I lived with my dad at number 4 and my aunt lived at number 5, I believe the Toveys lived at number 6. Your dad had a great woodworking shed in your yard

Overlaying a current google map with the 1950s map it appears that Orford Road became Goode Avenue.

Attachments

• orford-st-overlay.jpg
    orford-st-overlay.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 14
Hello guys. I'm very excited to have found this site and in particular, this thread.
I was born on Orford Road in 1965 at my Grandmothers house( number unknown).
Her name was Alice Robinson.
My Mom and Dad were living with her at this address until we moved to Maypole in 1966/67

Back