• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Arthur Leeson Webb

There's a death for a William Steeles of the right age registered Bham N, Jun qtr 1931. In 1911 he's in Birmingham.

The eldest son of William and Emily seems to have been adopted by John and Annie Gilbert, the other son dying young.

Looking at William Steeles from the death in 1931 and following the leads on the right gives Criminal records...

24416EDA-1608-43EE-AA4F-62A658E3CB50.jpeg

Is there an age with that because there is another William Steeles born in the same place 10 years earlier.

I received this email this week If anyone could help find anything I would really appreciate it.
Ive looked and cant find any military documents at all.
1000067717.jpg

Attachments

• 1000067717.jpg
    1000067717.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 17
  • 1000067724.jpg
    1000067724.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
i did check this just in case it was a scam but it seems there is a genuine site last post site and i take it you did post flower on the find a grave site for pte arthur webb ? that being the case did you also leave your email address ?

taking that this is a genuine email from them maybe someone could check ancestry to see if there are any records for arthur webb here is the link to the last post site

I did check them out and and noticed its a real organisation.
I did leave a flower and my email.
If it is a fake what would his angle be what would he be hoping to achieve? I'm very cautious with things like this.
He's not asked for any personal details from me all he asks is he requires any form of proof he was in the military.
1000071643.jpg1000071644.jpg

Why would he have a British military service if the went to Canada as a Child.

I've searched and I can't find anything but my search skills are not great.
This man is very hard to find out about especially as my family sadly never knew anything about him. Thankfully this site and the lovely people this thread helped me find what I do know.
It's such a sad story for him.

Back