• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Open Day At Tyseley Locomotive Works

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
Ther will be an open steam day at the above depot on Sunday 26th of October. It was announced by Les Ross on radio WM. Thought some people on the forum may be interested. BYE. jean.

P1010820.jpg
Thanks for your great video, DaveM, of the 3-engine parade at Tyseley yesterday. I was there, having travelled up from Surrey. My wife and I had a short train ride pulled by Hogwarts Castle. Guess this name was installed after the Harry Potter films came out, as it would not be the original name. Very enjoyable day with lots of enthusiasts. I used to train-spot from Tyseley Station Bridge when I was aged about 8 to 10.

View attachment 92846
Thanks for your great video, DaveM, of the 3-engine parade at Tyseley yesterday. I was there, having travelled up from Surrey. My wife and I had a short train ride pulled by Hogwarts Castle. Guess this name was installed after the Harry Potter films came out, as it would not be the original name. Very enjoyable day with lots of enthusiasts. I used to train-spot from Tyseley Station Bridge when I was aged about 8 to 10.

Dave had a ride pulled by the same, did you have a chat with someone with a cap on ?, at the far end, two more video`s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJTZC1BpEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFBtiXdORls

Pity about that Dave, Few pics of 5972 Hogwarts Express, have it a video, sometime

Attachments

• 5th July 2014 Saturday 038.jpg
    5th July 2014 Saturday 038.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 5th July 2014 Saturday 051.jpg
    5th July 2014 Saturday 051.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 5th July 2014 Saturday 201.jpg
    5th July 2014 Saturday 201.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 5th July 2014 Saturday 202.jpg
    5th July 2014 Saturday 202.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 15
This weekend 16th, 17th and 18th September 2016 was an Open Day as part of Birmingham Heritage Week.

They had The Flying Scotsman here.

You could also watch locomotives turning on the turntable, such as the Earl of Mount Edgcumbe

See also my video compilation on YouTube.

Note: could and admin edit the title to include Tyseley Locomotive Works. Thanks.

great photos and video ell...i love steam trains and go on them a few times a year last month i was on the strathspey railway last year a wonderful trip on the snowdonia mountain railway..right to the summit absolutely stunning:)...as requested i have edited the thread title

lyn

Thank you. As it wasn't coming up in a search before.

Only had a general admission ticket. Everything else was sold out on the website when I booked it last weekend.

You could see the London Midland and Cross Country DMU's on the sidings next to the locomotive works.

It's been 3 years since I last saw 2885 at Moor Street Station. It is in this condition now.

Hopefully it will get fully restored.

A busy scene in the engine shed. With locomotives 7029 and 71000 in the background.

N0 670 is a replica that was never quite finished (started in 1986 according to Wikipedia)

Outside was this engine stripped down

Beautiful video of Earl of Mount Edgecumbe on the turntable! By chance I was at Cotehele the ancestral home of the Edgecumbes on Thursday last week. From the house you can see the massive Calstock viaduct I got to wondering if this engine ever headed trains from Plymouth towards Penzance past the family home.

Back