• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Open Day - Acocks Green and Yardley Wood bus garages

Free buses between Acocks Green and Yardley Wood

In Acocks Green

At Yardley Wood bus garage

On School Road in Yardley Wood

Nice shots ell, thought i saw you snapping away. I took a few and spotted one in Stechford early morning..
Yardley Wood.jpg IMG01446-20131005-1344.jpg 31005-1349.jpg Acocks Green Garage.jpg

Attachments

• Station rd Stechford.jpg
    Station rd Stechford.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 12
I was around between 12:30pm to 1:30pm (at both sites).

Bit odd having one London bus there! When the rest are old West Midlands ones.

The route they took was Fox Hollies Road, Highfield Road, School Road, Yardley Wood Road (the 3 free buses)

Thank you so much for placing these 'photos on the Forum. they are very interesting. To view them has certainly been a wonderful lift before bedtime. :encouragement: Maybe I did not read the Forum as I could have but I did not realize that it was to be such an extravaganza. Your local bus company has done the City proud. I just wish I could have been there.

I was around between 12:30pm to 1:30pm (at both sites).

Bit odd having one London bus there! When the rest are old West Midlands ones.

The route they took was Fox Hollies Road, Highfield Road, School Road, Yardley Wood Road (the 3 free buses)

Yes you were at Yardley Wood when i was there as you've captured one of my mates on one of your shots:afro: it was a nice day out.
Memories flooded back when the noise of the engine started on the Daimler, it has a very distinctive chug to it...love it:adoration:

Also made a quick video of 89.1 Big City Radio

[youtube]sOgo1bGTqcE[/youtube]

When I left, I walked onto School Road, B14, before getting the 3 to Billesley (and back onto the 11A).

Thank you so much for placing these 'photos on the Forum. they are very interesting. To view them has certainly been a wonderful lift before bedtime. :encouragement: Maybe I did not read the Forum as I could have but I did not realize that it was to be such an extravaganza. Your local bus company has done the City proud. I just wish I could have been there.

No problem Alan!

Last week I noticed an advert on the bus for this Open Day. And there are other Open Days in Hall Green this week. I might pop down to Sarehole Mill tomorrow (just down the road from me).

Great to see a no 90 that brought it back on real cold winter mornings happy days and happy people.

It was good to see that picture: I remember that route more as the 29A (and 29) of course. After i left the Solihull area in 1954 I have never suffered from chilblains. I remember standing in the snow to cool my feet. There was another old wives remedy: but I don't think I will mention it on here. :biggrin:

Back