• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Oops

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
oh dear folks i missed my forum milestone...last jan 20th you had been putting up with me for 10 years well done to everyone.....:eek::D:D:D

lyn x

Lyn, we are very lucky to have you on the Forum, you do outstanding work to ensure the success of the forum continues.
Thank you
Jim

Just getting the flags and fanfare going Lyn.
Congratulations! I expect your anniversary came just as you were starting to feel unwell didn't it?
I joined about 3 weeks before you and it has really gone quickly. What would we do without you and our other experts!

thanks jim but i have said this many many times...this forum is only as good as having someone willing to own it and run it technically....donations made through our meet ups and privately...a like minded moderation team with one aim..to keep this forum running smoothly but above all our members...without you all there would be no birmingham history forum...its a massive team effort and long may we continue..end of speech as she reaches for the kleenex :D:D:D

ps yes pen the end of jan and most of feb passed me by ..firing on all cylinders now though:)

lyn

Last edited:
I gather that a tenth anniversary is a tin one,
Seems your cylinders are a bit stronger than tin

Belated congratulations Lyn.
It is amazing how the time flies by. I just looked at my join date - not ten but a decent length of time.

Well done Lyn, 10 years and counting, I must have been a member slightly longer than yourself because if I remember correctly it was me that introduced you to the forum, but it was "wales" back in those days wasn't it?

Well done Lyn, 10 years and counting, I must have been a member slightly longer than yourself because if I remember correctly it was me that introduced you to the forum, but it was "wales" back in those days wasn't it?

yes phil when i first joined i had not got a clue what i was doing.(some may think i still dont lol) but as i love wales i just put that as my user name...think it was only a few months after that i changed it to astoness on the advise of mayfield..and yes it was you who pointed me to this forum and also you who found me my very first photo of villa st:)....the rest as they say is history

lyn

Congratulations Lyn I have always enjoyed your contributions to this forum. Looking forward to another ten years x

thanks dave and i have enjoyed every min of our chats about paddington street and i learned a lot from you...great stuff:)

lyn

Lyn just get yourself geared up for the next ten years, If they are half as memorable as the first ten then we are in for some good times.Rob

ahh thanks froth...yes i noticed you have been here longer than i have and neither of us has been banned:D:D:D

Well done all you long termers, I love the activity and input from all of you.
I'm on 9 months now, catching you up!:D

How do you find your joining date ? I feel I've been on for a couple of years, but at my age time is an unknown factor.
Another thing is that when you go back you realize how many seem to have gone to that big forum in the sky.
Cheers Tim

Back