• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ooooooooo ca we!!!!

loisand

master brummie
Ooooooooh can we have some more art work Di, your drawings are majical and we haven't had any since July, just one to keep us going for another few weeks, pretty please with sugar on!!! :smitten:
:flower: :cat:

Special one for Christmas Di, please...nothing like a nice picture from one of our great
resident forum artist's

Barrow Street Much wenlock.jpg Ok Girls :smitten:

I don't have any more of Birmingham, but this is a favourite place of ours in lovley Shropshire. It's the town of Much Wenlock and the watercolour is of Barrow Street.

Last edited:
Di what is the size of the canves. That is a excelent piece of art,just like to see it in real size.

Thankyou Di, that is lovely, really missed your drawings :smitten: :smitten:, that will keep me going till the new year now :smitten: :smitten:
:flower: :cat:

Di that's wonderful. I am so wanting to visit UK again
Hugs Kate

Di

That's absolutely wonderful. You are so talented.

Do you have any connections with that part of the country only my ancestors orginationed from around that area. Little Wenlock, Dawley and Madeley etc.

Regards

Fay

Fay Lewis said:
Di

That's absolutely wonderful. You are so talented.

Do you have any connections with that part of the country only my ancestors orginationed from around that area. Little Wenlock, Dawley and Madeley etc.

Regards

Fay

Hi Fay, I have a Charles Ratcliffe from Madeley in my tree.

Nick

Nick

My ancestors were called Husselby/Husselbee etc etc (many variations of this name have been found). My tree on this side goes back to c1650 - all from the Shropshire/Shrewsbury area.

I had a drive out there earlier this year and it's a beautiful part of the country.

I have a recent photograph of a farm in Little Wenlock where my g g grandmother was working in 1841.

Regards

Fay

Di

Have you painted any more pictures from this area?

Regards

Fay

Thank you for your really nice comments. Glad it will keep you going Loisand :smitten:

it is a lovely part of the country Sylvia.

Robert, I paint in watercolour so its just a bit of paper about the size of a computer screen.

Brummie Nick, the old building on the right is the old Market Hall, I can't think of a tea room as such but there is a very old pub. Is it The Griffin? The food is great.

Fay, my husbands gt. grandfather left Shropshire and went to Birmingham in the 19th century, he was from Munslow. We have spent lots of holidays there, our last one was right on the river Severn in the olld bargee's cottage. I do have more I'll post one later.

Last edited:
Used to out driving to Much Wenlock years ago. Lovely area for hiking. The painting is super Di. Thanks for the memories.

Di, I regard water colours as one of the hardest mediums to paint with, you do have a wonderful gift another great painting.

Back