• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Online: Pathe News site

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hope this is the right thread. Have only just come across this site. hope i'm not repeating anyone, but you can search for news clips and there are some quite interesting ones. For example https://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=29200 will show you aerial views of birmingham from 1923,and also showing how rural it was around the "house with big domes and a clock tower in between" If you haven't guessed this is how the summary describes the university (obviously no brummies in the indexing team).
Site can get quite busy, so you might have to try several times to get on
Mike

Morning Mike not seen that one before the odd Path film turns up so you are safe:)
Is there any sound Mike? if so mines down for some reason.

I use the site from time to time its in my favourites

Last edited:
Amazing things on there Mike. Regarding Birmingham, there's the BIF Industries fair, Kruschev visitng in the 1950's, and the News Theatre in High Street which i have been meaning to link in for a few weeks now.

Richie.

I was in a short information film that was shown on Pathe News. It was made for The Metrication Board, '72 I think. Getting on for 40 years later, and we still have pockets of resistance to metric measures.

Ann

I'm just the same Sylvia. But I don't think we are alone by any means. Same with weights as well. Let's face it, if someone asked you your height and weight, you would answer in imperial not metric.

Ann

Back