• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Online Electoral Rolls

castalla what year was your dad born...oh and was your moms name betty

lyn

Last edited:
Not all years are online, you'd need to visit the reference library to see them all. However, from what is online, I can tell you that jeremiah and Betty Flynn are recorded at 5 Wallace Rd, Selly Oak in 1950 & 52; at 106 Ashbrook Rd, Kings Heath in 1955 & 57; and at 57 Millington Rd, Shard End in 1960, 62 & 65.

Selby Grove Billesley was originally B14 and changed to B13. John(Fred) & Ada Pidgeon lived at 49 Beauchamp Road, not far from Selby Grove
Selby Grove was off Bromwall Road , I remember the name Pidgeon lived about half way between Halstead Road and the Green in Beauchamp Rd.

Thank you for that, as i said the Pidgeon family were not related to my Dad he was all most certainly a Lodger there when he came to live in Birmingham and met my Mom.

Thank you LLoyd for that i knew of the 3 addresses but not the exact years, they were there apart from Ashbrook road where i lived the first 6 months of my life

Poolpit, you are correct. John (known as Fred) and Ada Pidgeon were my aunt and uncle. I lived next door at 51 Beauchamp Road from 1940 - 1953

Thanks for your information, jwp in the 1947 Electrol Roll John & Ada are down as living in 49 Selby Grove when you lived next door to them in Beauchamp road in this year ¿

Is it a coincidence that there were 2 x John & Ada Pidgeon, with address as 49? I was only a little lad then and only knew my immediate family. My memory is even worse 70 years on!

I think the 1947 entry is a transcription error. John & Ada are listed at 49 Beauchamp Road on 1939 register and also e roll. They are still at that address in 1955 e roll. I also think it is Selbourne Grove which is off Bromwall Road.

Sorry to everyone where i got the name Pidgeon from in Selby road i don´t know must of come from somewhere

I think the 1947 entry is a transcription error. John & Ada are listed at 49 Beauchamp Road on 1939 register and also e roll. They are still at that address in 1955 e roll. I also think it is Selbourne Grove which is off Bromwall Road.

The Three groves on Bromwall Road were Picton , Selby, and Hopton , Selbourne Grove was off Hullbrook Road opposite where Bromwall joined it.

Back