• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Online Electoral Rolls

Icarus

Ancient Brummie
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Midlands Historical Data site has been updated with the 1950 records. :thumbsup:

And another brilliant from me! Thanks Icarus. I'll go and buy some more credits now.

Ann

Thanks for that interesting new Icarus. I'm another just going to get some more credits :)

Judy

Am I missing something? Last one listed is still 1945/6 as of two minutes ago

Maurice :cool:

Hi Sospiri

No the 1950/51 rolls are definitely there. I found them yesterday and used them about 10 mins ago.:)

Suzanne

Suzanne,

Perhaps you can tell me where they have hidden them then. Here's a screen dump taken just a minute ago!

In the nicest possible way, Ann - thank goodness for that! :)

I'd tried refreshing pages until I was blue in the face and zilch!

Maurice,

We'll have to wait for someone with better glasses to point us in the right direction.
Cause I still can't find them.

Ann

Hi Ann,

I've just had a good search of the site and they definitely aren't there. Must be a problem and they've taken them down again - I can wait! :)

Hi Maurice,

That might be the case. When he added the 45/46, he realised he had omitted Yardley. Same as you, I can wait.

Ann

The menu may not be updated, so what?

Just did a random search and the 1950 records are there. Maybe the whole area is not complete yet?

re names you are searching. d b hartill was my grandmother who was the widow of g e saunders. lived in four oaks mere green sutton coldfield ..any link?

Hi,I hope i am alright asking this question on this Thread.
I looked up the Electoral rolls 1945-1950 for Frank Harper
found him in Rawlins Street with son Frank.
They have letters and numbers at the side of their name
does anyone know what these mean,nobody else seems
to have numbers,
I would be grateful for the help.
Regards
Carol:(

Hello Lloyd,
Thankyou for answering my message i should have put the numbers sorry.

Frank Harper 1945 QBGF/166/1
Frank Harper 1945 QBGF/166/6

Frank Harper 1950 QAA/3695940
Frank Harper 1950 YQAA/2160870

They are Father and Son

Regards
Carol

Ah, I see them - no idea though, I'd have to look in the first few pages of the book for a clue.

I think they are identity card numbers. As there are two people with the same name at that address, the numbers distinguish them. Earlier ER's used the terms 'the elder' and 'the younger'. I assume that Frank Harper junior was the 4th eldest child?

Hi there, my nephew Nick Harding who is really into this family history
business, has sent me copys of the roll for Hick St; 1930, and also Cleeve
Road, Yardley Wood 1950. I was in the army in 1950, but then the age for
voting in those days was 21 and I would have only been 20. It was
interesting to see the names of all our old neighbours, the Wilsons, Jeffs, and Joe and Ivy Dickinson next door, Fowlers over the road, Happy
Memories mainly, Bye Bernard :cool:

RR - Ratepayers Register is mentioned above.
Is this a useful avenue to go down when searching for historical info on family members.

The RR mentioned is just a code used on those electoral rolls, not a separately searcheable register.

Dont live in the UK as i would do it myself, but has anybody got access to Electoral Records looking for householders of 49 Saxby Grove B14 Between 1945 AND 1947 Thank you

hi you dont need to live in the uk as ancesty have quite a few years of the electoral rolls online going up to 1955...however i dont think they have the year 1947 so to look up that year would mean a trip to birmingham library

lyn

Last edited:
The Midland Historical data site do also do electoral rolls (including, I think, some from 1947). However Saxby grove is not included for any year. Looking at the 1946 Kelllys, Saxby Grove is not listed , either in the streets covered or in hte more complete list which includes many courts and terraces.

Back