• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

One minute silence

Mrs T

Proud To Be A Brummie.
On Saturday May 3rd there will be a one minute silence at Aston Villa's last home game of the season against Wigan in respect of Christopher Priest who died on Sunday 20th April.

And so there should be..I'm a dyed in the wool Bluenose but a death at a football match?
ridiculous..Birmingham fans should do it too, he was a Brummie after all.

:( My wife ( Blues ) & i (Villa ) will observe The minute with Chris in our repect & honour of our thoughts,
We will include All the lovely Football Fans lost in Tradgedies here & abroad
R I P, lost but never forgotten, JohnY

So very sad and I think it is appropriate to have a minutes silence to remember Christopher.

It's a 4pm ko( this Sunday) if anyone wants to think for a minute at the same time as 40 thousand people standing in Aston.....

I totally agree with all the comments made about Christopher. I may be 300+ miles up the road, but I will be thinking of him and his family over this week-end. R.I.P. Christopher, from a Blues fan. Barry.

Was at the game today
the minute silence was just that.

Silent

A few wigan fans stated clapping second or two before the ref blew for the minute to end, but the silence was un-beliveable.

A nice way to remember him.x

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but, in my mind i thought it worth a mention. 29/7/1899...funeral James Alexander Elliot aged 28 of 12 Albert road Aston, former member of Aston Villa Football club. he gave up playing after pneumonia leaves wife and child.

Back