• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

One for the ladies.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
When you were pregnant did you have any food cravings?. I for one couldn't leave apples alone and just before i went to bed i had to have a thick marmalade sandwich which incidentally i hated before my pregnancy and also afterwards. Love to hear your likes and dislikes. Jean.

My craving was chips from a chip shop, home made ones would'nt do. It's no wonder i went from 8st 11 to 11stone, took a long time to get rid of too.

i couldnt get enough of the smell of carbolic soap as used by my dad when he came home from work!!

Hello. I didn't have any cravings that I can remember but, the smell of potatos boiling made me feel so sick! Wife of Al [Miriam} UGH

My sister in law could not cook bacon without feelling ill. She went back to normal after she gave birth. She was exactly the same with her second pregnancy. Jean.

With my first baby my craving was for PRUNES, as you can imagine I couldn't eat too many because of the consequences. I used to cry because I really wanted more of them.

Both my twins love fruit but not marmalade. I was kicked in the stomach by my friends horse at 5 months and neither have a fear of horses. I can imagine your mom with those peaches Norma. Jean.

I had two cravings when I was pregnant, one was porridge with treacle, but afterwards I never touched it again until this year, 49 years on.

The other was apples just like Jean, I would often eat two lbs. a day, buying the first lot in the morning then feeling compelled to go the shops again just before they closed to tide me over. I think I posted on another thread some time ago that wse lived in Small Heath at the time and when we came back to visit our parents in Aston, using the No.8 bus used to ask my husband to nip off the bus in Adderley Road when the driver stopped at the Bundy clock to get some apples from the little fruit shop just there.

After my baby was born I had cravings for oranges and Jusoda - I think that's how you spell it - an orangeade type of pop. Glad I wasn't into coal or other weird cravings like some women.

Oranges, both mine were winter babies so there were lots of clementines and satsumas around. Couldnt get enough of 'em.

When I was pregrant I craved apples like Jean, but they had to be sour and green, so my husband used to go scrumping over next door's garden at night where there were 4 or 5 trees. I hated the smell of tea and perfume. The ladies at work left off wearing perfume for my sake or it might have been for their sake as they didn't want me being sick in the office!

Back