• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

One For The Blue Noses

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
One for the blue noses...

Attachments

• st andrews 1957.jpg
    st andrews 1957.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 48
Hi Postie,

I may be wrong but I do not think this was St Andrews. It looks more like the Trinity Road side of Villa Park. Also it is dated 1957 which is the year that Villa won the FA Cup. Anyhow wouldn't it be great if you could get into a match for 4 shillings today?

Old Boy

I also thought that it looked more like the villa ground than st Andrews, but that was what the person who sent the picture to me wrote...

That is definitely Villa Park, I went to nearly all home matches pre and post war, I stopped going when it ceased to be a sport and became big business with a few selected clubs owned by foreign billionaires, foreign managers and foreign players and a 'win at all costs' mentality not to mention the obscene salaries paid to prima donna players. Rant over. Eric

Hi All,

It seems that I was correct and the photo was taken at Villa Park. However Blues will be playing there on at least one occasion next season and I do not expect Blues to be promoted.

Old Boy

Back