• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Omni .... bus

db84124

Brummophile
View attachment 67994
I'd very much like to find out all I can about the bus in this photograph. Could someone on the Forum let me know details about its chassis, coachwork, years of operation, capacity, the number in the BCT fleet, etc., etc., please?
Thank you, David

Copy_of_Copy_of_School_shops.JPG

Last edited:
Certainly David. It is a Assosciated Daimler Co. (ADC, a short -term liason between AEC and Daimler in the late 20s to sell each other's products under a 'joint' name) model 507 of 1927-9. There were 128 of these in the fleet, with bodywork by Vickers, Short Bros, or Buckingham (of Bradford St).
Fleet nos were 210 to 337.
35 of the Short Bros bodied ones were of low height, to pass under the (then) low bridges a Hockley on the inner circle 8 route.

The last ones were withdrawn in 1937, although a few were converted to lorries and ran a bit longer.

Here is no 287 (VP 1151) one of the Inner Circle buses.

View attachment 68009

... amazing, absolutely amazing! Thank you, Lloyd.
Every piece of information requested has been supplied! ..... and other invaluable facts added as well! What can I say!
I deliberately cropped this photograph. I can confirm that Lloyd is 100% correct when he tells us that this is an Inner Circle bus. It's "chugging" its way up Bordesley Green Road, approaching the crossroads at Bordesley Green before crossing into Victoria Street. It's about to pass the entrance to Bordesley Green Technical School, which wasn't to be build until 1947.
Lloyd, next time I'll make your homework even more challenging with the request of a) the colour of the conductor's eyes; b) the nickname of the Head Fitter; and c) the driver's second daughter's bust measurement!
I really am lost for words .... a simply but enormous 'thank you' will have to suffice.
Sincerely, David

Back