• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

OLDEST AND YOUNGEST BHF MEMBERS

I think I will be classed as one of the young ones ha ha .I was born in bracebridge st Aston in 1959. My mums first born was born in Dudley rd hospital the rest of us were born at home .WHen my mum was in labour with her first our dad had to walk her to the public phone box to call the ambulance because he did not know how to use a public phone .He died at the age of 85 and he still did not know how to use ONE!!!!

Sugar, my husband was born in Dudley Road Hospital too but his birth certificate only says 'Winson Green', it's a family joke that he was born in the prison!

Born at home 3rd November 1960, Porchester St, Aston. Joined BHF in Dec 2016, helpful people, great stories and wonderful pictures.

Hi,

Born June 1943 Southwold Suffolk, moved to Birmingham in 1950
Spent the next 67 years there, and came back to East Anglia three
and a half years ago.
Member since 2009.

Kind regards
Dave

I was born at Sorento in June 1933
Is the Sorento still there? I was born at Dudley Road Hosp November 1947, before the national health days, it cost my mom and dad 7s 6p (7/6p) to have me I bet there was times when I was in my teens they regretted that. Talking about teens, I had my son, at the Sorento.

Back